Why to Take Mobile Insurance
Mobility demands Insurance , Have you ever thought this? Why do Cars and Bikes are sold with compulsory Insurance at the time of purchase almost everywhere in the world? It ain't because of the fact that the probability of accidents and hence damage is always more in a mobile object than a stable one. Similarly, the possibility of a mobile objects getting lost or stolen is also very high as compared to a stable one. Not every house is insured, not every jewellery lying at home or bank locker is insured but all cars and bikes are definitely insured especially during the 1st year of its life.
Now the question that arises is why don't we get our Cell Phones (Mobile Phones) insured ? There are Two reasons.
First : most of us are not aware of the fact that a Mobile Phone can also get insured and Second : we all believe that we will never lose are phone but the probability is very high of one losing a phone as itâ€™s mobile and that is exactly what is explained above.
Now that you are aware of the fact Mobile Insurance will make a Cell Phone a secured Mobile Phone. Let us see how it can be done :
What is covered in a mobile phone Insurance?
Generally, a Mobile insurance policy covers you under the following cases :
- Terrorist Activities
- Fortuitous Circumstances
What is NOT covered?
- Stolen from unattended Vehicles, except from a car that is fully enclosed and securely locked.
- Damage during the hire or loan to a third party, friend or relative. If you lend your phone to your friend and if he losses/damages the phone, you cannot claim insurance!
- Mobile handset disappearing without clear reason.
- Intentional act by the insured party.
- Overcharging, Overloading and experimentation involving imposition of any abnormal conditions.
- Mechanical and electronic breakdown or derangement.
- Damage by wear and tear, vermin, atmospheric or climatic condition or gradual deterioration, inherent defect or from any process of cleaning, repairing or maintenance.
- Loss of mobile due to negligence of owner